1.Extension of the expanded Employment Tax Incentive (ETI) age eligibility criteria and amount claimable
A R750 increase to the maximum monthly amount of ETI allowable.
The proposed measures will apply for a period of four months and will come into operation on 1 August 2021 and end on 30 November 2021.
2. Extension of the deferral of the payment of employees’ tax liabilities for tax compliant small to medium sized businesses
- Deferral of payment of 35 per cent of the PAYE liability, without SARS imposing administrative penalties and interest for the late payment thereof.
- The deferred PAYE liability for the three-month period of August to October 2021 must be paid to SARS in equal instalments over a four-month period commencing on 1 November 2021, (i.e. the first payment must be made on 7 December 2021).
- available to small or medium sized businesses
The proposed measures will come into operation on 1 August 2021 and end on 31 October 2021
3. Deferral of Excise Duties on Alcoholic beverages
SARS will provide deferrals of up to three months for payments by tax compliant licensees in the alcohol sector, on application setting out the circumstances justifying a deferral.
Effective date: Immediate.